HI-TEC WALKERBAY XTREME IS BACK…and it’s bigger and better than ever before!
Entries for the Walkerbay Xtreme 2019, taking place from 26 – 28 April, have officially opened and the Old School Group team have some exciting new events and activities lined up. With 14 sporting events on offer, participants will be spoilt for choice. There will be all the old favourites of course – the Big 6 Xtreme, triathlon, MTB criterium, open water swim, surfski and SUP events, as well as the adrenaline pumping swim-run-jump challenge.
But this year, just when you thought it couldn’t get any more extreme, the organisers took it to the next level and added a MTB stage race, trail running stage race and night run to the 2019 event mix.
The MTB stage race will consist of +-60kms per day of gorgeous mountain climbing and sweeping sea views. Enter both stage 1 and stage 2 for just R700, or choose to do a single distance on either day.
In addition to the MTB, the team decided to include a stage racing event for the trail running adventurers! The 2 days will cover roughly 20kms each day of varied terrain. Enter both stage 1 and stage 2 at a discounted price of R500, or choose to enter a single distance on either day. It’s up to you!
The final new addition to the sporting selection is the Twilight Night Run. It’s 2019…why not try something a little daring, a little different and a little more extreme. Whether you’re a novice or seasoned runner, the +-7km run starting with a stretch on Grotto Beach, winding along the cliffpath next to the ocean and ending off at the Race Village promises to be an exciting event!
The big question is though, which event(s) will you take part in to test your limits and #findyourxtreme? Based on experiences from past participants, we recommend checking yourself into one of the many accommodation spots on offer in Hermanus for the whole weekend, and taking part in at LEAST one of the events PER DAY.
Check out the 2019 Programme below and get planning!
26-28 April: Big 6 Xtreme (Marine Mile, 35km MTB Challenge, Swim-Run-Jump Challenge, Sprint Triathlon, Open Water Swim and 20km Trail Run); Entry fees: R1500
- Valley Xtreme MTB Challenge – 08:00; Entry fees: R250 – R400
- Blue Mountain Xtreme – 09:00; Entry fees: R220 – R280
- Marine Mile Xtreme – 15:00; Entry fees: R100
- WBX MTB Triathlon – 15:00; Entry fees: R600 – R705
- Cliffpath Xtreme – 16:00; Entry fees: R100 – R150
- Valley Xtreme MTB Challenge – 07:30; Entry fees: R250 – R400
- Old Harbour Xtreme – 08:15; Entry fees: R100 – R300
- Blue Mountain Xtreme – 08:30; Entry fees: R220 – R280
- Tough Mother Xtreme – 10:00; Entry fees: TBC
- Strongman Xtreme – 10:00
- See & Sand Xtreme – 11:00; Entry fees: R300
- Urban Xtreme – 14:00; Entry fees: R300
- Blue Water Xtreme – 16:00; Entry fees: R100 – R150
- Twilight Xtreme – 18:00; Entry fees: R150
- Walkerbay Xtreme Triathlon – 08:00; Entry fees: R500
- Walkerbay Xtreme Junior Triathlon – 11:00; Entry fees: R350
- Open Water Xtreme – 12:00; Entry fees: R220 – R500
- Tough Mother Xtreme – 12:00; Entry fees: TBC
- Strongman Xtreme – 12:00
Enter online at www.walkerbayxtreme.com
For more information, follow Walkerbay Xtreme on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. The HI-TEC Walkerbay Xtreme is backed by Old School Group, a leader in Sports Tourism and renowned for their award-winning sporting events. oldschoolgroup.co.za