Start time: 10:00
End time: 11:00
Venue: Market Square, Hermanus
Directions: Race Office is located at the Market Square - opposite the Old Harbour. Please check in at the Race Office at least two hours before the start of your event.
- No paddler will be allowed on the water without ALL the necessary safety equipment.
- No paddler under the age of 16 years of age (as at 1 January ) may enter in a single ski.
- Compulsory items (no exception):
- PFD (Personal Floatation Device) as approved by Canoeing South Africa
- Body leash, attaching the paddler to the surf ski
- Working cell phone, charged and with air time loaded
- NBAny altered (floatation removed) PFD WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION
- No inflatable lifejackets will be permitted.
- Paddlers must be registered with Canoeing South Africa (CSA), to be eligible to compete in the races.
- The number issued by CSA, or the race organisers (for internationals) must be placed at the front on both sides of your surf ski.
- Personal advertising will be permitted as per the CSA personal advertising rule i.e behind the pedals.
- Personal advertising may not clash with the main sponsors.
- All surfskis/paddles must display any sponsor’s logo stickers that are supplied.
- Stickers other than sponsor stickers will not be permitted in the area in front of the pedals to the nose of your ski, this includes personal branding and names.
- Paddlers must display correct CSA numbers on surfski – any incorrect/incomplete numbers will result in disqualification.
- Any competitor who rides the wake of a motorised craft will be disqualified.
- Competitors will be allowed seconds to assist them on the beach, i.e holding ski, whilst paddler exit and do run around flag/feather. They should take care not to infringe on the rules of the race by assisting competitors in the water.
- Any competitor who receives physical support or assistance or who enters one of the rescue craft, will be disqualified, with the exception of those doing so to repair their craft.
- The race referee may decide whether a competitor should be prevented from continuing the race at any time. The decision of the race referee is final. NSRI / See&Sand are considered to be referees
- A safety mobile phone number for emergencies, as well as for notifying the race referee of withdrawals will be given at race briefing. The onus is on the competitor to notify the race referee of his/her withdrawal. The costs of any search resulting from a competitor not notifying the organisers of his or her withdrawal will be borne by the competitor.
- The finish will be between two buoys on the water.
- Paddlers must cross the finish line with their craft.
- Double skis – Both competitors must be with the craft.
- Competitors must finish the race with the craft they started the race in. Paddles may be changed.
- Pre-Race registration only – no late entries.
- There will be a compulsory race & safety briefing at Old Harbour launch site – 40 minutes before the start.
- Will be announced closer to race day and is subject to change depending on the light, sea and wind conditions.
- Starting procedures will be explained at Race registration / race briefing
- All paddlers must meet qualifying criteria stipulated by the race organizers.
The race committee reserves the right to change the course, or to change starting times, or to cancel or delay at its discretion a part or the whole race in the interests of safety
Route: View Route Map