OPEN WATER SWIM
Entrance Fee: R350.00
The 2.5km Swim is a BIG 6 XTREME EVENT
DATE: 27 April 2020
TIME: 1pm (5km swim); 2pm (2.5km swim)
DISTANCES: 5km & 2.5km swim
ENTRY FEE: 5km: R500 online | R550 at the event ; 2.5km: R350 online | R400 at the event
LIMIT: 200 (5km); 300 (2.5km)
MINIMUM AGE: 16 years + (5km); 14 years + (2.5km)
Brave the Atlantic Ocean in our premier 2.5km swim from the New Harbour to the historic Old Harbour, as the panoramic cliff path offers a perfect bird’s eye view to family, friends and fans. In 2019 we introduced an ultra 5km swim for the Open Water swimmers! This long swim is back in 2020 and will be starting at the Old Harbour and swimming toward the New Harbour turnaround point and then back towards the Old Harbour.
The Open Water Swim is a must-do event for open water enthusiasts.
- General Event Rules: https://walkerbayxtreme.com/rules-regulations/
- Participants must supply their own brightly coloured swim caps. The following colours are prohibited: black, white, light blue, multi-colour, grey.
- The start for the 2,5km swim is at the New Harbour. Due to the prevalence of sea urchins at the swim start, swimmers will have a jumping start, leaping from the harbour wall into the water.
- The start for the 600m swim is at the Old Harbour.
- The start for the 5km is at the Old Harbour towards the new harbour and finishes back at the Old Harbour.