WALKERBAY JUNIOR TRIATHLON
Entrance Fee: R600.00
The Sprint Triathlon is a BIG 6 XTREME Event.
|Triathlon Category||Date||Time||Distance||Entry Fee||Entry Limit||Minimum Age|
|Junior Triathlon||27 April 2020||11:30am||Junior: 150m swim, 5km cycle, 2km run||R300 online | R350 at the event||100||8 – 15 years|
Enter the kids into the Junior Tri. No matter which one you choose, or whether you are a novice or experienced multisporter, there is a triathlon for every member of the family.
Race Briefing will take place at the swim start (Old Harbour near the ocean) 15 min before the start of the event.
Body Marking – Athletes will be marked with their race number on their Right Leg and Left Arm. This will be done at the entry to the transition zone on Monday morning.
Registration process for triathlons:
- Register and collect your race number at the Athletes’ Registration Desk on the morning of, or during the days prior to the event
- At the entrance to the transition zone, athletes will be body marked with their race number and TSA will check helmets and swim caps. Please have your helmet on and clipped in. Helmet must not have any cracks in and swim cap needs to be a bright colour. Once TSA officials are satisfied with your gear, you will be allowed to enter the transition zone.
- Place gear in transition zone, next to your bike.
- Make your way down to the Old Harbour for race briefing.
Junior Triathlon, Sprint Triathlon
This event is affiliated to Triathlon South Africa.
Their complete set of rules can be found at https://www.triathlon.org/about/downloads/category/competition_rules.
General Event Rules: https://www.walkerbayxtreme.com/rules-regulations/
- Participants must confirm their selected event upon entering (road, off-road, junior). No changes will be made at number collections.
- Age group categories do not apply when entering this event, but Age Group results will be available for the following categories: 14 – 15 | 16 – 19 | 20 – 24 | 24 – 29 | 30-35 | 35-39 | 40+
- Minimum age: The minimum age of the sprint and off-road triathlons is 14, while the junior triathlon age bracket is 8 – 13. Participants must be this age on the day of the event.
- No refunds will be given for entry cancellations.
- Athletes wishing to change their entry must email email@example.com. If the price of the new entry fee is higher, the participant will be responsible for paying the difference.
- Athletes are not required to belong to a triathlon club & have a TSA (Triathlon SA) license. However, non-members will be required to take out a day license for R30 at race registration in Hermanus.
- General Rules
- Participants are required to have full understanding of the rules before participation.
- Participants must ensure they have adequate nutrition and hydration on their persons and in transition. There will be refreshment stations on the bike and run.
- No participant may take a short-cut on any point of the route, and any short-cutting will result in disqualification. Participants are required to remain on the designated routes at all times, and it is the participant’s responsibility to know the designated course.
- Unsportsmanlike behaviour, use of abusive language towards another participant or official, and littering are grounds for disqualification.
- Participants are required to adhere to instructions from officials and marshals at all times.
- Participating With Someone Else’s Race Number
- For safety reasons, racing with someone else’s number is strictly prohibited. Your personal details are linked to your race number, which will have serious consequences in an emergency situation. If you participate with someone else’s race number and have an emergency, you will be responsible for any costs incurred in terms of insurance and your emergency or medical care.
- Participants may wear official triathlon kit, or the appropriate active wear.
- Participants must supply their own brightly coloured swim caps. The following colours are prohibited: black, white, light blue, multi-colour, grey.
- Participants’ clothing may not carry any political, religious or offensive slogans.
- Wetsuit use is based on water temperature:
- No wetsuit: 20 °C and up.
- Wetsuit compulsory: 15.9 °C and below.
- Wetsuit optional: between the above temperatures
- Tri bars are allowed on the road sprint triathlon – NOT the MTB triathlon.
- No TT Bikes or Time Trial bars allowed in Junior triathlon
- Open sprint triathlon is a non-drafting event
- Junior Triathlon is a draft legal race
- Mountain bikes / cross country bikes are allowed on the road and junior triathlons
- For draft-illegal competitions, the following rules on handlebars apply:
- Only handlebars and clip-on bars not extending beyond the leading edge of the front wheel will be permitted. Clip-on bars in two pieces do not need to be bridged. All tube ends have to be plugged.